Friday, February 3, 2017

As promised...update #1

Hey everyone! As promised, I'm here to update you on my latest projects. I'm excited to give you a sneak peek at some of the characters and story behind my new ROM-COM series. Book 1, Five days, Five Kisses, due out later this year!
Today, you're going to be the first to hear about the setting for 5 Days, 5 Kisses.

This super- fun romance takes place mostly in my home state of Arizona, but there are conversations and flashbacks that are set on an Idyllic lake in the great state of Minnesota. The lake is called Lake Hubert and I spent several of my childhood summers on these sandy shores.

Imagine water so deep blue that it looks black at certain times of the day. Surrounding the water is trees, thick Forrest-like trees nestled almost up to the water's line like fortification from the world beyond the lake's borders. Woven into the greenery is cottages and houses of all shapes and sizes, some deep in the woods, but most built as close to the water as possible. It is a lovely place and a perfect setting for Nikola and the handsome next door neighbor that came to his lake house every summer.

From my childhood, I remember the screened porch that wrapped the entire backside of my grandparent's house. This let you sleep to the gentle lapping of the lake water without being accosted by mosquitoes.  On that porch was a bed that literally hung from the ceiling on sturdy chains. When you moved the bed would swing ever so slightly making you feel like you were on a boat.  This same bed and porch are in 5 days, 5 Kisses but I won't tell you what part of the story. You'll have to discover that for yourself:)

+
Finally, imagine sunsets so magnificent that the sky looked like it was on fire and the water below burned as well. 

This is where Nikola, one of the main characters, grew up and tragically was forced to leave when her parents divorced.

So there it is, one of the places you'll read about in 5 Days, 5 Kisses. Until the next update, may you always be kissed by someone you love and...thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment