Friday, October 5, 2012

A Few Valuable Lessons from Pride and Prejudice


 
Recently, I watched Pride and Prejudice for the first time. I have tried reading the book, but found it hard to get past the old English, so I decided to watch the movie first to help me navigate the storyline better when I tried reading again. I do admit that I LOVED IT and am now numbered among the many who call this enchanting novel, their favorite. I know many of you feel the same, so just for fun I wrote a blog all about what we can take from Pride and Prejudice. Enjoy.

Lesson #

1.    When you see a hot guy, that’s kinda grouchy, don’t assume he is rude.  Maybe he is on his way to blind date with some socially awkward, less than completely attractive girl his grandmother met in the grocery store and set him up with. We all know what trouble a bad set up can cause.

 

2.    A good mom should be a busybody, anxiously engaged in the cause of finding the right man for their daughter.

 

3.    Everyone daughter should a dad as wonderful as Mr. Bennett!

 

4.    Put enough girls in one house and the walls will actually pulsate from the giggling.

 

5.    And finally, if a gorgeous rich guy says “I love you, ardently!” Don’t tear his head off. Instead try…”You had me at hello.”

    

No comments:

Post a Comment