Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My upcoming trip to Palm Springs

Growing up in Palm Springs California was a unique experience. In the small valley nestled in the shadows of an intimate grouping of mountains are a handful of cities that cater to a diverse group of people. There is a culture there created and cultivated by seven months of warm balmy weather, wealth and a strong influx of vistors from all over the world.. This was the backdrop for my young life. I graduated from Palm Springs High and when it came time to write Unbreakable Love I knew it woudl be the perfect setting for my story. Now on the 23rd and 24th of January, I get the privilage of going back to my Alma Mater to visiting with the kids that are currently Palm Springs High School students. To make the experience even more memorable, a reporter by the name of Tamara Sone will be there to take photos to use for an article that will be pulished in the Desert Sun(the valley's newspaper) in the next couple of weeks. I first had the privilage of meeting her when we sat down and talked about Unbreakale Love just after it was released. When the article comes out, I'll be sure to post a link. Why do I tell you all this? Partly because I want to share the experiences with you and partly because I feel so lucky to have these oppportunities and I just wanted to say thank you to those who have helped and supported me. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment